Intensive Computer Processing
The C-Arm's motion is controlled by an intensive computer application that directly manages the C-Arm’s
movements in real time based on the doctor’s inputs via the console. In addition to real-time motion control, other
computer applications acquire, process and present high-resolution images that the doctor views while working.
Computer-intensive rapid acquisition, processing and presentation of high resolution images enable the doctor to
perform critical medical procedures at the highest level. However, providing a consistent stream of high-res images
is encumbered by the demanding motion-control since the computer must also control, in real time, the numerous
intricate movements of the C-Arm.
The Elmo closed-loop solution unburdens motion control from the computer application allowing it to devote its
resources to rapid image acquisition, processing and presentation to the doctor. While all motion control commands
to the C-Arm are streamed through the computer application, their numerous complex, real-time calculations are
orchestrated by Elmo's Gold Maestro network controller.
Gold Maestro is the most advanced multi-axis network controller and works with any type of Elmo smart, robust and
power-dense servo drive. Its distributed topology lends itself to an intelligent and modular design of the entire
motion control system, enabling easy and seamless integration of the appropriate servo drive for each axis,
providing the most accurate and responsive motion control. Under the supervision of Gold Maestro, the servo drives
precisely control and monitor each and every motion of the C-Arm making the overall motion system extremely
efficient while retaining a compact design.
The Elmo solution brings all the benefits of industrial experience and standards to the
C-Arm. At the technical level, the computer is connected to the Gold Maestro via a standard
Ethernet cable. The entire motion control network is comprised of nodes, each node a
servo drive with a unique EtherCAT identity that can be closely controlled and monitored
by the Gold Maestro.
Advanced network-based motion control solutions
Advantages of the Elmo Solution
- Safety for the patient. Elmo drives qualitatively power the motions of the C-Arm to the highest precision at any voltage so as to provide the doctor with the best operation and the patient with the lowest dosage during the procedure. Furthermore, all Elmo drives are designed with safe torque off (STO) for safe operation.
- Accuracy. Elmo's distributed solution lets each part of the C-Arm system perform at its optimum. The computer application can concentrate on imaging while Gold Maestro orchestrates the motion control network. Each Elmo servo drive controls its specific axis to the greatest precision.
- Responsiveness. With the highest density of power and intelligence, compactness and distributed technology, the Elmo distributed solution makes the C-Arm a very precise and responsive assistant.
- Reliability. Elmo drives deliver power and performance for years and years with exceptionally high MTBF.
- Elegance with cost-effectiveness. The Elmo solution constitutes a sleek, standards-oriented, minimalistic design
for ease of implementation, operation, and upgradability.
Click here to download PDF version
C-Arm Medical Applications