Planar X/Y stages provide outstanding precision and planar flatness. They are used in a growing variety of applications in semiconductor manufacturing and general industry.
Advanced Planar X/Y systems use special control structures based on multi-input multi-output (MIMO) algorithms, supporting very complex motions. These systems must be capable of fast communications, dynamic error correction, and also be able to work in a network.
Elmo provides a highly efficient, Master-Slave MIMO configuration for Planar X/Y. It can be implemented either as a standalone or a distributed network motion control solution. Elmo’s control structure uses a standard configuration control loop, making it simpler to implement than other Planar X/Y systems.
Elmo’s implementation also simplifies drive configuration and tuning as well as cabling requirements.
- Multi-input Multi-output (MIMO) algorithm implementation
- Uses Elmo’s Master/Slave configuration and standard control loop
- Both cyclic position (IP CANopen) and PP schemes can be used
- Provides 1D/2D dynamic error correction
- Network-based solution, enabling a modular system
- Fast, differentially immune communication between all drives