The New GOLD Eagle 550 Rugged Ultra High Current Servo Driver – provides highest density of power and intelligence. It operates from a high power DC source in ultra-high current delivering up to 500A/100VDC, of continuous power in a compact package. It is ideal for turrets, unmanned systems, AGVs, and UAVs.
GOLD Eagle 550 is highly resilient and operates in current, velocity, position and advanced position modes, in conjunction with a permanent-magnet synchronous brushless motor, DC brush motor, linear motor or voice coil. It is designed for use with any type of sinusoidal and trapezoidal commutation, with vector control. The Gold Eagle 500 can operate as a stand-alone device or as part of a multi-axis system in a distributed configuration on a real-time network.
The drive is easily set up and tuned using Elmo Application Studio (EASII) software tools. This Windows-based application enables users to quickly and simply configure the servo drive for optimal use with its motor. The Gold Eagle 550, as part of the Gold Line, is fully programmable with Elmo’s motion control language.
The Gold Eagle 550 connects to 100V Direct to Main DC source and can operate via the main power supply only (VP+ and VN-), with no need for a control supply. If backup functionality is required for storing control parameters, in case of power-outs, a control power supply with a range of 12 to 95 V can be connected, providing maximum flexibility and optional backup functionality when needed.
Note: The control supply can operate from an isolated voltage source within the range of 12 to 95 VDC.
Gold Eagle 550 Highlights:
- Gold Line core motion control technology
- Delivers up to 500 Amperes while operating from power voltage bus
of 10VDC- 95VDC
- Super compact package, weighs 3.6 kg, dimensions 195 x 222 x 100mm
- Operates from a 10 to 95 VDC source DC power source
- Operates in current, velocity, position and advanced position modes, in conjunction with a permanent-magnet synchronous brushless motor, DC brush motor, linear motor or voice coil
- Can operate as a stand-alone device or as part of a multi-axis system in a distributed configuration on a real-time network
- Can operate with the main power supply only (VP+ and PR), with no need for a Control Backup (VCB) supply.
- The drives are easily set up and tuned using Elmo Application Studio (EASII) software tools
- Advanced and extremely fast vector control algorithm (current loop bandwidth: 4 kHz)
- Highly efficient, high bandwidth performance
- Multiple communication options: EtherCAT, CANopen, RS232, RS422 USB, Ethernet
- Supports a wide variety of feedback: Incremental, Encoder, Resolver, Digital Halls, Analog Halls, Analog 1V ptp (Sin/Cos), Absolute Serial Encoders, Potentiometer
- Advanced filtering and gain scheduling options for enhanced dynamic performance
- Easily optimized set up and tuned using Elmo Application Studio (EAS) software tools
- 6 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs - Supports PLC Source, PLC Sink and TTL I/O types
- Complies with the strictest Safety, EMC and environmental standards.
195 x 222 x 100 mm
(7.68" x 8.74" x 3.94")