The IEC G-MAS PLCOpen programming tool is built in to the Elmo Application Studio (EAS). It enables development of G-MAS programs in full accordance with the IEC standard and supports all five IEC languages.
A programmer can use all standard PLC-Open motion functions and administrative functions that are supported by G-MAS. The tool enables building complete and complicated software for a wide range of high end motion solutions. It includes abundant sample code, motion libraries and templates to ease and simplify integration.
Using the IEC G-MAS PLCOpen tool, a programmer can build libraries which can be reused in multiple projects and software solutions. The tool features a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
The tool also enables users without any programming knowledge to exploit most G-MAS software capabilities.
The IEC G-MAS PLCOpen tool supports IEC 61131-3, which defines both graphical and textual PLC programming language standards:
- Ladder diagram (LD), graphical
- Function block diagram (FBD), graphical
- Structured text (ST), textual
- Instruction list (IL), textual
- Sequential function chart (SFC), has elements to organize programs for sequential and parallel control processing.
- Easy-to-use graphical and textual development environment
- Supports all five IEC standard languages: IL, ST, LD, FBD, SFC
- Select a preferred IEC language or a mix of several programming languages in the same project
- Includes ready-to-use motion libraries and sample code examples
- Motion templates in all supported languages
- Manage the performance of all complex motion features that are supported by G-MAS
- Supports conditional and time-based state modules
- Run as standalone program within G-MAS
- Supports wide variety of communications protocols, including: TCP/UDP IP, Ethernet/IP, MODBUS and IOs
- Provides HTML-based HMI tool