Ultra High Current Servo Drive
The new GOLD Drum 550 ultrahigh current servo drive – is designed to deliver the highest density of power and intelligence and operate from a DC Power Voltage Input source, delivering up to 550 A ( 550A/100VDC of continuous power) while operating from power voltage bus of 11VDC to 94VDC in a super compact package. It is ideal for turrets, unmanned systems, AGVs, UAVs, and heavy duty lifts.
The new GOLD Drum 550 is highly resilient and operates in current, velocity, position and advanced position modes, in conjunction with a permanent-magnet synchronous brushless motor, DC brush motor, linear motor or voice coil. It is designed for use with any type of sinusoidal and trapezoidal commutation, with vector control.
The new GOLD Drum 550 connects to a 100V Direct to Main DC source (recommended mating Power Supply ELP-30) and can operate via the main power supply only (VP+ and VN-), without the need for a control supply. If backup functionality is required, a control power supply (operating from an isolated voltage source) within the range of 12 to 95 VDC can be connected, providing maximum flexibility and optional backup functionality when needed.
The Gold Drum 550 can operate as a stand-alone device or as part of a multi-axis system in a distributed configuration on a real-time network. The drive is easily set up and tuned using Elmo Application Studio (EASII) software tools, and is fully programmable with Elmo’s motion control language.
Gold Drum 550 Highlights:
- Gold Line core motion control technology
- Delivers up to 550 A while operating from power voltage bus
of 11VDC to 94 VDC
- Super compact package, weighs 3.6 kg,
dimensions 195 x 222 x 100mm
- Operates from a 12 to 95 VDC source DC power source
- Operates in current, velocity, position and advanced position modes, in conjunction with a permanent-magnet synchronous brushless motor, DC brush motor, linear motor or voice coil
- Advanced and extremely fast vector control algorithm (current loop bandwidth: 4 kHz)
- Highly efficient, high bandwidth performance
- Multiple communication options: EtherCAT (or EtherCAT with switches), CANopen, RS-232, RS-422 USB, Ethernet
- Supports a wide variety of feedback: Incremental, Encoder, Resolver, Digital Halls, Analog Halls, Analog 1V PTP (Sin/Cos), Absolute Serial Encoders, Potentiometer
- Advanced filtering and gain scheduling options for enhanced dynamic performance
- Easily optimized set up and tuned using Elmo Application Studio (EAS) software tools
- 6 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs – Supports PLC Source, PLC Sink and TTL I/O types
- Complies with the strictest Safety, EMC and environmental standards.
Minimum supply voltage
Nominal supply voltage
Maximum supply voltage
Maximum continuous power output(at 85VDC)
Efficiency at rated power (at 500A @ 85VDC)
VCB supply voltage option
11 to 95
VCB power supply
Continuous current limit (Ic) Amplitude
Continuous RMS sinusoidal commutation
3.6 Kg (127 oz)
195 x 222 x 100 (7.68" x 8.74" x 3.94")
Panel / Wall Mounted