The Most Advanced And Ruggedized Multi-Axis Network Motion Controller
The Platinum-Lion (P-Lion),Elmo’s ExtrIQ version of the Platinum-Maestro is the world’s most advanced and ruggedized multi axis network motion controller, suitable for operation in any environment.
Based on the world’s most advanced motion controller – the Platinum Maestro, incorporating an integral high level computational dual-core system (2 x 1.5 GHz) with memory and onboard additional hardware peripherals, the P-Lion surges the boundaries of any machine, optimizing overall accuracy, speed, and throughput of any system.
Its extended connectivity makes the P-Lion ideal for applications such as Inertial Platform Stabilization, requiring high speed, high responsiveness IMU/gyro support.
With countless multi-axis motion algorithms and features such as 3D high resolution error mapping, high-order polynomial motion segments and trajectory buildup, smart gearing, dynamics PVT and more, the P-Lion is the ultimate controller for extreme, precise, and reliable motion.
Platinum Lion Highlights:
- Self-sufficient machine motion control – No reliance on connection with PC server
- Multiple communication options: EtherCAT, CANopen, High Speed USB, Ethernet, RS-232
Fast EtherCAT networking controller with minimal cycling time of 100µs (for 8 synchronized axes), and cycle jitter below 5µs resulting in a precise, reliable and deterministic motion
- Rich I/O connectivity. Time deterministic control over motion, I/Os and processes in the system, allowing direct controller level support for digital and analog I/O, accelerometers, encoders, serial interfaces, and IMUs
- Full, real-time, multi-axis motion synchronization
- Low-level communication with drives and I/O devices over the device network uses the CAN industry standard (DS 301, DS 401 for I/O devices, and DS 402 for drives and motion device profiles), and the new EtherCAT CoE (CAN over EtherCAT) protocols
- Advanced user programming capabilities based on the leading standards. Provides full flexibility for either IEC 61131-3 or C/C++ programming
- Unified development platform that streamlines motion control solutions for novice and expert programmers alike
- Complete compatibility with recognized networking and communications protocols
- Supports a wide variety of feedback sensors
- Shares the motion processing workload with Elmo’s SimplIQ and Gold Line drives, forming a distributed motion control system
|Supply input voltage||VDC||Single power supply, 10.8V to 55V|
|External power @ 5V for Encoders, USB etc.||5V @ 2A|
|Power consumption without external load||W||9W|
|Weight||g (oz)||287 g (10.12 oz)|
|Dimension||mm (in)||139.7 x 83.9 x 27.2 (5.5 x 3.30 x 1.07)|
|Mounting method||PCB Mounted|
|Processor||Computational core system based on Dual Core
|RAM||DDR-3, 4 GByte, 64 bit bus width, (Operational at Full Core Rate)|